QA Automation Engineer
ZeroNorth is founded to change the shipping industry through digitalization. We strive to help our customers optimize their business while reducing CO2 emissions. This is what empowers us.
We use algorithms and data modeling to rapidly digitalize the shipping industry. It is an exciting time for us, and we are looking for more people to come and join our start-up.
Working with a highly collaborative team of designers, engineers, data scientists and product owners, you will be a champion of quality, setting up structures, processes and tools, to ensure that we deliver solutions, in the quality that we strive for. You and our QA team will be our eyes and foresight, and your attention to detail will help to ensure that we release amazing software.
As QA Automation Engineer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining automation test scripts using Selenium or other equivalent functional testing tools.
You will report to our CTO and some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Design, create and execute automation scripts using Java and Selenium (RC and WebDriver) or equivalent
- Review manual test cases for the relevant application and provide feedback on suitability for automation to the development teams
- Support, maintain, and enhance all test case automation related activities during iterative development, system testing, and regression testing
- Review user stories and functional requirements
- Assist with manual testing; execute manual test cases and scripts for products under development using test management/tracking tools
- Create and maintain test plans, cases, scenarios/scripts, in compliance with defined QA standards and methodologies
- Establish and configure testing environments for executing test cases and scenarios
- Lead the development, deployment, and administration of QA process, tools, and supporting technologies.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide the solutions we need. You will help ensure quality of the products we put in front of your customers; either as prototypes, MVPs or fully-fledged product offerings.
We imagine that you have a master’s in Computer Science or equivalent, and 5+ years of experience in a similar role. You possess a complete understanding of automation process and you have experience with developing automation infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience with software testing of web-based applications using a structured testing methodology
- 3+ years of experience with automated functional testing tools – preferably Selenium
- 2+ year of experience developing in PHP, Java, Python, Perl or similar
- Strong knowledge of HTML, XML, XPATH and CSS
Most probably you have been working in an agile setup with frequent release cycles, and you have experience with testing a large portfolio of high-traffic websites and multi-tiered web-systems. It would be an advantage if you have an ISTQB certification.
Further, you are passionate and detail oriented, and with your analytical skills, you are excellent in troubleshooting and problem solving.
We work with complex problems and we strive to be leaders, driving the whole industry towards smarter and more CO2 friendly solutions, by enabling data driven decisions. We value trust and learning, and we work closely together to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers.
We are ambitious and passionate with a strong “Can Do” attitude. We work in a dynamic and informal space with everything that you could dream of; access to fitness, padel tennis, food, games, fantastic coffee and amazing people. We love what we do - creating apps and services that help scale and optimize everyday challenges. While doing this, we save costs and provide a serious reduction worldwide in CO2 emissions.